Tomato-Carrot-Beetroot juice is one of my favorite drink, as it is the powerhouse of health packed with chocful of vitamins, antioxidents and other essential minerals for the human body. I usually like to have it early in the morning, on an empty stomach before workout. It boosts my energy levels to get through the day. Well whatever it is, my skin has begun to glow and I just love to have it atleast three times a week.
2 Medium, ripe tomatoes
1 Medium, ripe beetroot
6 baby carrots or 1 whole carrot
1. Wash the tomatoes thoroughly. Remove the stems but keep the tomato skin intact for juicing.
2. Peel the skin of the beetroot and carrots, gently wash off any soil & remove the roots & leaves. Do not juice the stems or leaves of the tomato plant or beetroot, as they are extremely bitter and will ruin the flavor of your juice. Dice the beetroot if you are using a blender.
3. Blend to make the Juice with the above vegetables and you have a healthy yet delicious drink in about few minutes !
Tomatoes are full of vitamin C, rich in vitamin A, potassium, iron, magnesium, vitamin B1, vitamin B6, and many others. Carrots rich in Vitamin A improves eyesight. Beetroots are beneficial, because it is high in nitrate content. You will find that this combo juice is a stimulating drink and it is also benefical to the digestive system because it is great source of fibre. This juice combo is definitely a strong antioxidant. It is claimed that the properties in beetroot is good for circulation and help to calm the nerves and also it can drastically help in lowering high-blood pressure. It can be a good detox drink as it cleanses the liver and the intestines. For women, it improves the menstrual problems as well as cures anemia.
Caution: Beetroot juice by itself is very potent. and it's recommended that you drink the raw beetjuice diluted at least 4 times with other milder juices as a combination with either veggies or fruits. Having Beetroot juice by itself can temporarily paralyze your vocal chords, make you break out in hives, increase your heart rate, cause chills or a fever.
Blends of Juices:
1. Carrot, celery and parsley - Cleanses the system of excessive acid.
2. Carrot and Cabbage - Detoxifies the intestinal track.
3. Beet juice with carrot and celery (For a sweeter drink, add an apple, or use 2 apples instead of the carrots)
4.Beetroot juice with cucumber and pineapple (A fabulous cleansing drink which is best when consumed on an empty stomach)
5. An unusual but delicious vegetable juice recipe that uses apples, beetroot, broccoli and lemon juice.
6.Beetroot, carrot & apple juice (this mix can amazingly boost your energy levels).
7. Blend the beetroot, ginger, pineapple and cucumber along with water.